View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Monday, March 17, 2008

Week Off

I am taking the week off, so I will not post unless there is a major event. Which means I will miss the Spring Equinox, or astronomical arrival of spring at 1:48am on Thursday. Did you know that the earth is actually closer to the sun now than during the middle of the summer?
In fact the earth is closer to the sun during the 1st week of January than in the first week of July. Since there is more water in the southern hemisphere- (that does not heat up as fast as land) it balances out with the distance added during our summer and more land in the northern hemisphere. We (planet earth) are traveling farther away in this part of the orbit, as the sun angle gets higher in the sky. The difference is 3.3% or 4 million miles. It may sound like a lot, but it's not enough to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I may have to throw in the towel on snow this year. While the Nation and Globe has a colder winter- we lost out. Perhaps next year we will get our fix and make up for lost time. While I am not online, I have posted our State Temperatures and Eastern Satellite/Radar that will update every time you check in.

No comments: