View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Monday, June 9, 2008

Burned...

I got burned on Saturday. I normally don't have that problem- but cutting the grass in the morning stung me more than that hornet's nest I disturbed last month.
We got burned this weekend- but have not set a record yet:
Saturday's 95F missed the record of 96F
Sunday's 93F missed the record of 97F
Today's record is 98F set back in 1933. That is a 75 year old mark- and again proving that there was a hot period in that decade that still holds on the books. Imagine dealing with that heat and not having air conditioning. I do want to thank John who commented over the weekend about my call from May 12th- that we were due for a heat wave to balance out the cool spring. I'm glad I have some loyal readers who can vouch for me....
Good Morning America- to no surprise -lead this morning's show with the weather. Also, to no surprise- they had a sound bite of someone blaming global warming for this heat wave. How does that theory explain last month's chill? While we discuss breaking long standing records, what is their explanation for records back in the 1920s and 30s? Seriously! It gets hot in June and July. How irresponsible to use every hot stretch for this agenda. This type of reporting is not a good sample of the meteorological community, and is a disservice to the public. If they want to speculate on the reason for this heat wave ( the big ridge and trough in the jet stream), then get someone with another opinion. There are plenty besides me...
For comparison, check out this Baltimore historic heat wave from 83 years ago. Below I have posted the Live Active Temps and Heat Index Maps...


No comments: