View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Thursday, November 6, 2008

Updated! Non Tropical Coastal- New Named Storm in Caribbean

This looks like a few storms we have had since late summer. Today, a north wind brings us 'warmer' air. This storm is yet another sign of all of the energy off of the coast, that may play into my theory of a wild, snowy winter. More on this storm, along with a recap of my Wednesday Winter Outlook can be found on my examiner page. I also wrote a little tribute to one of my heroes, Michael Crichton. He passed away yesterday.

I can't believe I made a post this morning and erased all of my tropical stuff. Needless to say, there is a new Tropical Storm in the Caribbean. Paloma is the 16th named storm of 2008. The season lasts through November 30th, so this is not too rare. It is expected to reach Category 2 Hurricane status as it crosses Cuba this weekend. That country has already had a rough year. Fay, Gustav, and Ike were enough to rip a few paths in an already impoverished nation. This will not help matters, but a reminder how some seasons tend to lock into a pattern or favored areas. Remember Florida in 2004. Hey, some winters do the same thing, and the atmosphere likes to repeat itself.


Remember that I will be writing most of my daily blogs on Examiner.com, but return here for more detailed model breakdowns for big storms.

No comments: