View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Thursday, October 16, 2008

We hit The Trifecta!

Yesterday's added sun boosted us to a high of 82F, bringing us to 3 days in a row in the 80s. It was a long hot afternoon walking 18 holes and carrying my bag on the golf course. It was my first time out in a month, and made me wonder if I should have hung it up for the year. For the record, I was with Tony Pann, and he rolled his bag, which made the difference of at least 5 strokes.
The view was great! I was surprised by all of the evergreen needles that are being let go. Is that a result of high growth this summer, or are the trees preparing for something else...say a hard winter. I have heard so many folklore forecasts, and many are pointing to a hard winter. We do have a chance of frost this weekend, so I will begin with the first snow forecast (not mine), then as we get in the mood. Next week, I will bring up the folklore forecasts.
So far, the peak leaves are getting closer. Here is the update for PA and New England. We have some color already, but next weekend the peak areas should be in western Maryland and the PA line.

No comments: