View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekend Chill, Winter Forecast (Not Mine)

As advertised all week, the cooler air is spilling in, and this will be the way we balance out the warm week. There will be another disturbance passing through on Saturday, with it's clouds, will hold out temperatures down in the 50s. That's afternoon temperatures cooler than the last few mornings.

My forecast for Sunday morning's Susan G Komen's Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley will likely dip down into the 30s. We are expecting 40,000 people at the event, so perhaps we can help make it feel warmer.


The cold air has put me in the mood to start looking forward to winter. Come on, I know I am not alone. I like to wait until November to make my call, since it allows me a chance to see how the pattern is holding or evolving- some put their forecasts out very early. Many are trending cold and snowy, like this one from Henry M at Accuweather. His forecast calls for an Eastern Storm Track that will keep us colder with heavier snow than normal. The northern plains will near to below normal, while the Rockies will have more snow on the northern half. A closer look below, shows Baltimore close to 30 inches, above our seasonal average of 18-21 inches. It should be noted that Carrol County typically can see 36 inches, while less than 12 inches is the norm on the Lower Eastern Shore. I will compile all of the forecasts and post them on my snow page (under reconstruction now)

No comments: