View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Thursday, July 17, 2008

What To Do in the Heat

Yesterday I worked our new series- 1 Tank Trips. I spent the day in North East and Elk Neck State Park in Cecil County. We are shooting ahead of schedule, so the story will not air until August 8th. (If you see a similar story on WBAL- just know that stole it from me and read about it here first).
While I do not want to give too much away... WOW! What a beautiful spot. It had been a few years since I was last there, but I can guarantee it will not be that long until I back. Located at the north end the Chesapeake Bay, it is surprisingly hilly. Turkey Point, located on the south end of the southern end of the park, is on a 100 foot bluff. There you will see the highest elevated Lighthouse in Maryland, surrounded by a vista on 3 sides with the Bay and the Susquehanna River. Below is the latest camera view from our weatherbug station at North Bay looking west. This is a great spot on hot summer days, since the typical warm wind from the south and southwest will cool a little bit passing over the water. The visibility will go down as the haze creeps in this weekend, but this is my pick for a local trip in this heat wave.
Urban Pirate Cruise:

No comments: