View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ICE STORM WARNING UNTIL 7AM

This is just a quick, dirty and blurry copy from the NWS page. I just got the warning issued at 6:45pm. It has become obvious that this cold air will not budge tonight. Again I must beat myself for not following my own rules. Cold Air Dams always last longer than the models indicate. This morning's light snow was important for just coating the ground and reinforcing the cold air. It did so by moistening the air, while holding temps in the 20s. The map here (while a little fuzzy) does clearly show how these cold air dams lock in between the Chesapeake Bay and the mountains. While an easterly wind will gradually warm us up into the mid 30s, farther inland will have significant icing. The late afternoon (18z) NAM model has indicated a chance for up .2" of ice near I-95 and the city, while inland in Howard, Carroll and northern Baltimore counties- up to 1/2 inch of ice could drop trees and power lines. Of course the build up on roads will likely delay or close schools. I would still do the homework and have an easy day tomorrow. It will not be easy on my end. I will be up and out the door by 2:30am just to make sure I can get to work on time and alive. I HATE ICE! But I will have the most extensive look at it on the air in the morning. Hope you can tune it... it's still ratings month you know.....

No comments: