View this full web site Click: JustinWeatherTalk.com. New Blog located at Examiner.com. Local weather and interactive radar at abc2news.com.



My Examiner Home Page- Click this image to view.


Friday, February 1, 2008

Refocus the Eyes on the Prize

So we had some morning ice, and a lot of kids/teachers got to sleep in. I didn't do enough to play up the heavy rain.
Here is the Doppler Estimated Rainfall up to 1pm. As of my noon show, the average was 1.00" to 1.50" for the day- and more on the way. Considering that we were down 2" for the year and down 9 inches last year- this is a good thing. I saw large puddle and huge muddy streams rolling down the hills near my house. There is also a lake that has been running very low- this will be a good thing.
As of 2pm- the highest rainfall amounts are listed below. Click here for the Maryland Extreme Weather List, that should be updated hourly. Final totals may jump over 2 inches... and at least bring us back to normal for the year.
Tomorrow we look to Punxsutawney, PA for Phil's Groundhog's Day Prediction. I have a feeling thanks to the clearing behind this storm, he will see his shadow. I'm sure I will see mine, and confirm my call for winter's return. Tomorrow I will show you a long range model call for a coastal storm that some bloggers are already buzzing about.

No comments: